Wi-Fi hotspots in New Zealand, OZ and the Cook IslandsOver 900 locations. Over 24.8 million connections. Easy. Cheap. Reliable.
Consumer Terms and Conditions of Use
These terms and conditions set out the agreement between you ('you', 'the customer' or 'your') and Zenbu Networks Limited ('us', 'we' or'our'). Your use of the Zenbu WiFi Service ('services') will be governed by the terms of this agreement. By accessing the Zenbu wireless network and our website you agree to the following terms and conditions.
General Terms and Conditions
- Availability - These terms and conditions are current at 11 August 2016. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions by modifying, adding or removing clauses at any time without prior notification to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party as a result of any such modifications. Our current terms and conditions will always be available on our website. By using our services you indicate that you have accepted the current terms and conditions and privacy conditions of the Zenbu Service.
- Fraud - We reserve the right to take measures to help us prevent fraud and to ensure that excessive use of the services by some users does not prevent other users of the service from enjoying the services. The services that we provide to you is the ability to access the internet and send and receive data through our WiFi network. We reserve the right to monitor and control data volume and/or types of traffic transmitted via the services.
- Equipment - The Zenbu wireless network is a collection of independently operated wireless zones. The service starts when you first connect to a Zenbu access point. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any equipment that you use to access the service meets the minimum requirements and is suitable for use with the service and is adequately protected against viruses.
- Reliability - The service may be impaired by geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control and we cannot guarantee that Zenbu hotspots will be available all of the time.
Misuse of the Service - You shall ensure that you use the services in a reasonable manner and do not abuse the services. You accept that Zenbu may restrict your ability to use the services if you use the services in an unreasonable and/or excessive manner. You are responsible for the way the services are used. When using the Zenbu wireless system to access the internet you agree to abide by all relevant New Zealand legislation relating to internet use.
You must not do any of the following acts or allow anyone else to do the following acts via your device in relation to the services:
- Send a message or communication that is offensive, abusive, defamatory (damages someone's reputation), obscene, menacing or illegal;
- Cause annoyance, nuisance, inconvenience or needless worry to, or break the rights of, any other person;
- Perform any illegal activity;
- Break, or try to break, the security of anyone else's equipment, hardware or software;
- Deliberately receive, use, own, post, transmit or publish obscene material (including, but not limited to, child pornography);
- Upload, download, post, publish or transmit any information, material or software that is protected by copyright or other ownership rights without the permission of its owner;
- You must not use the service in a manner that will or is likely to adversely affect how we provide the service to you or any of our customers.
Zenbu Networks Limited reserves the right to assist law enforcement agencies with the investigation of any criminal activity if requested to do so by New Zealand authorities. Such assistance may include providing all relevant details of internet connections to the appropriate law enforcement agencies and authorities.
Access Vouchers - Access vouchers may be purchased online using a credit card or other payment method (where available) or in some cases obtained directly from Zenbu wireless zone operators.
- Access vouchers issued by zone operators are valid only at the location at which they are obtained and cannot be used at any other Zenbu hotspots.
- Access vouchers purchased online can be used at any Zenbu wireless zone in the country of purchase. Access vouchers can be purchased online at any time, at any location.
- A Zenbu user account or access voucher can only be used on a maximum of 3 devices at a time.
- Access Vouchers Credit Expiry may differ. Credit for accessing the Zenbu wireless network remains active for the time specified when you purchase the voucher. Please check your account online if you are unsure of your credit's expiry date.
Charges - Zenbu charges are based on Data sent to and from your device. Data usage is calculated by measuring the amount of data sent to and from any device you use to connect to the internet at any Zenbu wireless zone. You may view the amount of data you have used during a session on your account page. Credit is debited as it is used. Please be aware that software running on your device may automatically send and receive data without you knowing. This will use your credit. Please also be aware that all data sent and received will be debited from your account regardless of which service uses it
We reserve the right to modify our prices at any time.
- End of Service - The Zenbu WiFi service is a prepay service. When your credit is exhausted, you will immediately be disconnected from the internet and prompted to purchase additional credit.
- Refunds - Access vouchers purchased online are non-refundable. The cost of any access vouchers purchased directly from Zenbu wireless hotspot operators may be refunded at the absolute discretion of and by the operator of the wireless zone at which the voucher was purchased.
Limitation of Liability - Our liability to you is limited as set out in this agreement. We will not be liable to you for:
- any direct or business loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, use, business, wasted expenditure, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with the use of the service or inability to use or access the service that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage;
- any indirect loss or any loss which is not a reasonably foreseeable consequence of Zenbu Network's negligence or breach of these terms and conditions (including loss of profits, business, revenue, contracts or anticipated savings, wasted expenses or any other purely financial losses);
- lost or destroyed data or software.
- any action or consequence due to the misuse of this service or the breach of any laws or rules both in the country of use of Zenbu services or your country of residence.
We are not responsible for any misuse of your username and/or where applicable, your password. You are wholly responsible for your account and shall be fully liable for all activities carried out under your account)